Friday 1 November 2013

Meme Review


This meme is relevant to my life completely. This happens in school when taking a test and it’s one of the most irritating things in the world. There’s this one multiple choice where every single answer is right, but apparently there’s one that’s the right-est.  I have been the victim of this kind of ridiculousness. I can’t remember what class but I do remember that I picked the “wrong” right answer. It was correct, just not correct enough. I don’t see why teachers feel the need to do this or if they even see how silly it is. All the answers are correct but in your mind there’s only one truly correct one? Does this make sense at all? I hope teachers find this meme (and all the other teacher memes) and realise what they’re doing so as to better themselves. Learning isn’t just for the students.
This is another one I love and relate to. When I’m in school it’s absolutely vital to remember the date because if not death. Death is what will happen. If you have that one teacher to whom the date is god and you don’t put the date on the top of your work or tests, well friend I pity you. The date is also important for remembering when things are due. You’ve just got to remember that on Wednesday the fourth and you’re golden. It’s also good for the countdown to the weekend. But during the summer there aren’t many responsibilities. Nothing is going to be due, nobody’s going to give you flack because you didn’t put the date on your work (even if there wasn’t a space for it) and the weekend countdown is void because every day is like a Saturday. If I need to know the date during the summer I need to ask my mom or consult a calendar. After I find out the date I will forget it within ten minutes. It’s kind of awesome that there’s this one time of year where everything is so calm that the date doesn’t matter. It’s almost Zen like. I hope adults specifically find this meme so they know not to ask students what the date is during summer because I guarantee they won’t know. Also I want students to find this meme and know that they aren’t alone. We all experience this.

1 comment:

  1. The first meme I understand so well, I was a student not so long ago. It is because we are known as "divergent thinkers" we see multiple paths to the same result.

    ReplyDelete